Agilis Systems is a provider of GPS technology in a SaaS-based service. We currently have five brands: Linxup, AwareGPS, FleetSharp, MOTOsafety, and CommandGPS. CommandGPS is sold exclusively through Sprint. MOTOsafety is a consumer brand. The other three target SMB in a variety of vertical industries and are essentially the same product. We are planning to merge these brands, beginning in September 2020. Two particular issues would be the focus of this project:
• Currently we use extensive PPC efforts for both Linxup and AwareGPS. What is our risk of decreased unit sales if we do not have the additional Google shopping slot for Aware? How do we mitigate?
• We are planning on offering a three tier pricing structure, with the first tier pricing clearly advertised and pricing for the other tiers withheld for conversations/deals with sales. What is an optimal pricing structure based on current pricing, competitors, reseller agreements, and integrations with other software providers. How do we market this? How does this inform our website structure and sales talk tracks?
Knowledge of SaaS or monthly subscription service marketing and pricing strategy would be a plus. We primarily focus on inbound marketing strategies, but in the last year we have added an outbound team as well. Major competitors include Verizon Connect, Lytx, Samsara, and Geotab. One of our key differentiators is upfront pricing and an easy purchasing experience, so our new "basic" tier will retain those features. We also partner with field service technology providers such as FieldEdge, GetJobber, Real Green, and Aspire; these partners are sometimes full software integrations and sometimes reseller agreements. Pricing can vary from partner to partner. We use HubSpot and Salesforce extensively, and will provide data reports as needed/requested.
While we cannot provide access to our billing portal as this would require VPN access, we can and will provide access to competitor insights, third party GPS research (i.e. Berg Insights), google analytics, HotJar heat mapping, current pricing structure plans and notes, customer analytics, etc.
- Students will gain insight into digital marketing strategies.
- Students will gain insight into ROMI (return on marketing investment).
- Students will gain exposure into pricing strategies for monthly recurring revenue reliant business structures, including considerations for mitigating churn and increasing customer "stickiness".
- Students will gain knowledge of balancing inbound vs. outbound marketing strategies.
Physical Address: Our company is headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Due to COVID we are 100% at home until April 2021.
Contact: Dir. of Marketing Communications Colleen Lyerla. email@example.com. 314-570-6780. We will add additional points of contact for other departments as needed or requested.
I have been in charge of the marketing communications team at Agilis for 4 years. Prior to joining Agilis, I worked in digital marketing and creative services at Washington University in St. Louis for 18 years.
Ideal Max. # of Students: We think 4-6 students who have a mix of business/finance/data analytics and marketing strategy experience.
No NDA required.